Surface Coal Mining
Helping to keep the lights on in the Buckeye State
With 30 years of serving the surface coal mining industry, Buckeye Mineral Services, Inc. has the expertise, experience and reliability to meet the multi-faceted needs of coal producers, both large and small. We are qualified to handle all of your permitting and compliance needs from pre-mine planning through phase III release.
We offer a full line of environmental services to meet your project demands. Our staff is trained and has extensive experience using all of the methodologies set forth by the Army Corps of Engineers, United States EPA, Ohio Department of Natural Resources, and Ohio EPA.
- Surface Mining SMCRA Applications
- Permit Compliance and Supervision
- NPDES/ Section 401/ Section 404 Permitting
- Investigations of Waters/ Impact Assessments
- Ecological Site Assessment
- Site Mapping/ Aerial Photography
- Hydrogeology/ Hydrology and Water Resource Assessment
- Pre-Mining and Quarterly Water Sampling
- Acid Base Accounting
- Wetland and Stream Mitigation Design/ Monitoring
- Reclamation Planning
- Comprehensive Mine Engineering Services
For more information or to learn how we can handle your permitting and compliance needs, contact us or call 330.339.2100.